This 2 oz jar is packed with Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Oil, Cedarwood Essential oil, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, and Tea Tree Essential Oil.
Benefits for each of these carefully selected oils are listed below:
Jojoba oil is a liquid wax and is very similar to the structure of sebum. It’s a rich oil that has a number of benefits for both your skin and beard:
- Helps to spread natural sebum oil throughout follicles, strengthening growth and lessening the grease.
- A natural moisturizer that keeps the skin saturated with hydration for a period of 24 hours.
- Anti-inflammatory properties that calm down inflamed skin and counteracts beard acne. Additionally inflamed hair follicles are usually the cause of thin and weak hair growth. Jojoba fights this off.
- An antioxidant that clears your beard from infections that could affect your skin health.
Avocado oil isn’t as well known as other oils used for hair and beard growth. It of course comes from the Avocado fruit (Persea Gratissima). It’s a great moisturizer and comes loaded in antioxidants.
Look no further than the wise Aztecs who knew how to harness the amazing and fulfilling properties of the avocado:
- Avocado Oil is great for treating excessive dry skin and eliminating the root cause of dandruff.
- It has a natural sterolin that helps to reduce age spots.
- Avocado oil has vitamins A,D, and E.
- The oil plumps up Collagen production and give your beard a fuller and more healthy appearance.
Cedarwood oil is most likely one of the first instances of humans using an essential oil. Hailing from the grand Cedrus atlantica Manetti or family of Cedar trees, this oil has the benefits and scents to match any other oil.
The scent of Cedarwood is great for relieving stress, tension and leaving a lingering scent on your beard all day long. This scent produces Serotonin which converts to Melatonin to help you regulate your sleep and wakefulness.
Along with its inherent soothing nature, the oil is important for beard maintenance and growth:
- Cedarwood helps by treating dry scalps and those hard to reach places under your beard follicles, by moisturizing and stimulating circulation.
- The oil is also an antiseptic which can help protect you from any cuts you might get from trimming your neckline or cheeks while grooming.
- Cedarwood contains Sesquiterpenes which help release toxins from your body and naturally wards off insects too.
You can expect the all of the healing and moisturizing agents from other oils with a powerful and alluring scent when you use cedarwood oil.
Sweet Almond Oil is a medium non-greasy oil that is quickly absorbed into the skin. It is similar in properties to apricot kernel oil containing 2/3 Omega-9 and ¼ Omega-6, plus vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, D, and E. It is great for locking moisture in the hair and skin, even skin prone to eczema and inflammation. It helps normalize the pH levels of the skin under the beard and is known for its ability to soothe inflamed skin, preventing beard itch while conditioning hair.
Apricot Kernel Oil – A medium, semi-oily and easily absorbed oil. It contains roughly 2/3 Omega-9 (oleic) and 1/4 Omega-6 fatty (linoleic) acids, and has arguably the richest Vitamin B17 of all plants, plus Vitamin A, B, and E. It can rejuvenate inflamed and dry skin, brittle hair, and can relieve beard itch and dandruff.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree is excellent for hair growth; when applied to your beard or directly to the scalp it stimulates and increases blood flow to that area. This in turn improves the conditions for hair follicles to strengthen and grow.
1. It protects against build-up
Regular use of beard grooming products like balms and waxes can cause build-up. If product build-up is left unchecked, it can cause hair to lose its natural sheen. Applying Tea Tree Oil to beards prevents excessive build-up and protects hair.
2. Breaks the cycle of dandruff and hair loss
Skin flaking, and hair loss are a vicious cycle that afflict beards as much as they affect head hair. Tea Tree Oil helps break this chain by restoring moisture to a dry, irritated beard scalp thus helping maintain the thickness of your beard.
3. Stimulant for blood flow
Tea Tree Oil has stimulating properties which naturally improve blood circulation. When blood flow is pumping, naturally your beard growth will occur at a faster pace. Even the scent of tea tree oil can stimulate blood circulation (aromatherapy) and bring about an improvement in your general health and well-being.
4. Unclogs blocked pores
The pores on your beard scalp close due to dirt, and tea tree oil gently unclogs them. It treats inflammation of the pores and helps weed out ingrown hair follicles, all of which are roadblocks to growing a thick and healthy beard.
5. Permanent freedom from Dandruff
Beard dandruff may seem like a never-ending problem. But using tea tree oil everyday keeps beard-ruff permanently at bay, putting a full stop to that persistent itch.
6. Beard Acne and Spots
Tea Tree Oil is highly therapeutic, and its antiseptic properties repel acne and spots on your beard scalp. It shields growing hair against bacteria and microbes that cause acne and other scalp infections.
7. From greasiness to goodness
A greasy beard feels unhealthy and stifling. Greasiness gives rise to numerous problems in your beard that can prevent its growth. Tea Tree Oil in your beard leaves it feeling healthy, light, and non-greasy.
Orange oil is invigorating, fights inflammation, decreases wrinkles, and is full of antioxidants that protect against free radicals.